Diversified Health and Wellness Center (DHWC) works with several professionals who are approved by the Missouri Committee for Professional Counselors to provide supervision to Provisionally Licensed Professional Counselors (PLPCs). Interested PLPCs must provide their own liability insurance and conduct their practice either at DHWC or an approved alternative site.
PLPCs will work directly under a fully licensed professional and have access to the other therapists and providers in the Center.
A Supervision Fee will be assessed in an amount that is determined individually by each supervisor.
The Supervision Fee covers:
• Individual weekly supervision sessions
• Group supervision, when feasible
• Feedback and guidance on growing your private practice, counseling techniques, application of theories, and ethics
• Review of assessments, case notes, and other documentation, as appropriate
• Phone or email consultation for emergency or time sensitive situations or events
• Professional mentoring
If you would like more information or are interested in supervision, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
COUNSELING LICENSURE IN MISSOURI
Missouri features two levels of licensure:
• The Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and
• The Provisional Licensed Professional Counselor (PLPC)
The LPC is a fully Licensed Professional Counselor and the PLPC is the starter license which allows you to accumulate the experience needed to become an LPC.
The following pre-requisites must be met to become a Provisional Licensed Professional Counselor (PLPC) and eventually a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Missouri:
• Earn a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science discipline such as counseling, psychology or social work.
• Earn a master’s degree in counseling from a locally or regionally accredited school.
• Complete 6 semester hours of practicum during your graduate studies.
• Pass a criminal background check.
• Pass the National Counselor Examination (NCE) as administered by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) for the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) title.
• Pass the Missouri Jurisprudence Exam.
• Apply to the Missouri Committee for Professional Counselors to receive your Provisional Licensed Professional Counselor (PLPC) title.
• Accumulate the necessary 3,000 hours of supervision hours with in a 2-5-year time period.
• Apply to the Missouri Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy to receive your Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) title.